Pointers to get you back to feelin’ like sugar ‘n spice
Are you fed up? Tired? Depressed? Do you dread the alarm going off in the morning? Do you hide your head under the pillow and think, another day of the same ol’ s@*#?
Let’s change this, people of Shoreditch!
I know how you feel. I have been there! You start questioning life, asking yourself, ‘what is the point of all this!?’ And, as you keep getting knocked down, the harder it becomes to get up again.
It doesn’t have to be this way! I’m going to give you an exclusive peek into my new book and share a few basic tips with you. I want you to face life head-on and I want you to start doing this from tomorrow! And, you know what? I’m going to do it with you! That’s right! Let’s do it together! And then next we can discuss what we experienced and where we went…w…no not wrong – right!
Here are seven guaranteed ways to start feeling good:
- I’m sure you have heard the saying, ‘the early bird catches the worm’? The bird wouldn’t catch the worm if he stumbled out of his nest at midday! Start your day early and with enthusiasm! Choose a time to wake up and stick to it! I suggestion you get up between 5am and 7am. If like me, you struggle to get out of bed and press the snooze button half a dozen times before doing so, get a radio alarm, or program your sound system to the time you want to get up. I suggest waking with songs like, We Don’t Have to Take Our Clothes Off, Walking on Sunshine, or I Feel Good. Once you’re up, have a lavish breakfast (e.g. orange juice, cereal, wholemeal toast and eggs, etc.) – a car doesn’t go far without sufficient fuel.
- Listen to your favourite music often – and sing along! Dancing is always good as well. Music has been proven, time and time again, to lift our spirits. So wear out that iPod or sound system!
- Have a makeover – whether you think you need it or not! Spice up your wardrobe – go out with a friend and buy a couple of new items of clothing. Perhaps let your friend choose something that they think will suit you. Try not to buy the ‘same old’ things. As well, you may want to try changing your hairstyle – one feels as good as one looks!
- Change your environment – paint your room a different colour, buy new bedding, or simply move your bed and furniture to another position. Open all your curtains and let the light in! Mark this new phase in your life in as many ways as you can!
- [quote_left]Fill up each day with things you want to do and achieve, figure out how you can reach your goals, and go about taking daily steps to do so.[/quote_left]Place your new, brimming calendar where you can see it! Fill up each day with things you want to do and achieve, figure out how you can reach your goals, and go about taking daily steps to do so. Sit down every evening and write down a to-do-list for the next day. There is no better time to do something than now! Stop dreaming and start making those dreams come true!
- De-stress – meditate and set aside some quiet time for ten minutes a day. If you have never meditated or find the idea daunting, just use this time to relax and reflect. Sit back and listen to a nice piece of music for 10 –15 minutes a day, and during that time, avoid thinking about any problems or concerns – simply listen to the music.
- Last but not least, make the people around you feel good. Everyday attempt to make at least three people feel good; offer an elderly lady with her shopping, give a colleague or friend a box of their favourite chocolate and tell them it’s to say thank you for all their support, or simply tell someone how fantastic they look. Be creative and go as far out as you can.
I know that your first thought after reading this, is probably this is going to take a lot of effort. How bad do you want the change? Life is as difficult or as easy as you make it! What are you going to make it?
Feeling down, need advice, or just need to get something off your chest? Send your questions to email@example.com