A memorable trip to Ladakh is incomplete if you do not savour the journey to the fullest. A number of Leh Ladakh tour packages are available online which can be booked on time before it gets full. So, here is a list of things that can come handy when travelling to this magnificent place.
Depending on the season in which you are visiting, it is essential to carry the right clothing. Layered clothing will help to keep warm, and light clothing can be worn during the day in summers. The temperature fluctuates there, so it is advised to carry an extra set of warm clothes even if visiting in the summers. The chest needs to be protected from the cold winds at all points of time. Wearing clothes in layers helps in adjusting to the temperature which keeps changing now and then.
- Trekking Lowers
- Full Sleeve T-shirt
- Cap to keep yourself covered from sunlight
- Woollen Socks that should be insulated to protect the feet from cold
- Comfortable Shoes
- Heavy Woollen Jacket always comes handy
- Gum Boots if travelling on a bike as you may have to cross many water areas on the way.
Apart from the regular prescription medicines, it is better to carry some medicines for allergies, pains and aches as well like:
- Altitude sickness medicine
- Cough and cold medications
- Medicine for diarrhoea
- Antiseptic Cream
- Small Portable Oxygen Cylinder
A well-stocked toiletries kit will help you at all levels of your travel. It must include:
- Face Wash
- Sunscreen Lotion can come handy at high altitudes where the scorching light of the sun can damage the skin. A good lotion with a rating of SPF30 or higher is recommended
- Hand Sanitizer
- Shampoo and Soap
- Cold Cream
- Lip Balm will heal the lips which become dry and crack. It can be excruciating as the skin starts coming off due to cracking
- Toilet Roll
- Hand Towel
- Mustard Oil is an excellent lubricant for the nostrils which become painful and dry due to the cold winds blowing.
This is a list of things which are miscellaneous and might not be required. If you want to make this trip a memorable one, then some of these things need to be carried:
- PhotoChromatic Sunglasses especially to protect the eyes from the snow’s reflection
- DSLR Camera or any other camera for all the memories to be captured
- Mobile phone
- Extra batteries
- Flash Light
- Camping Lovers can opt for the camping gear
Must have things should not be forgotten at any cost. These things will keep the trip going further without any delays or obstruction. It is always best to carry multiple copies of the documents as there are some checking points where all the documentation needs to be checked.
- Identity Proof: At least one government recognised identity proof is recommended which should have multiple copies.
- Ample and enough Cash as nobody accepts Credit Card and the last ATM is in Manali, after which a few ATM’s can be spotted in the Leh Market
- Emergency Contact Numbers
- Food and Water as dehydration can complicate the health at a high altitude
- Glucose provides instant energy on the go when mixed with water.
- Vehicle insurance, Registration
- Driving License
- Hotel Reservation Slips if pre-booked
- Flight Tickets
So, when travelling to Leh Ladakh, it best to travel with a laid-back attitude. There is no need to worry anything. Leh Ladakh tour packages can be booked well in advance as per your schedules. Just go there and create many fabulous memories which can be cherished for a lifetime.