London’s first ever brunch festival is now less than one month away! Brunch cafes, restaurants and street food vendors will bring an international twist to the inaugural Brunch Festival this September, with new vendors confirmed that will bring brunch dishes to The Old Truman’s Brewery from all across the globe. Some of London’s best known street food vendors have now joined the line-up, bringing their own twist to brunch never-before-seen by the public, alongside an exciting array of talks, panel discussions and activities for visitors to get their teeth stuck into in between their choice of Mimosas, Bloody Mary’s and speciality coffee and tea.
Eat & Drink
Following the initial announcement, London Brunch Fest has now confirmed additional names to its line-up, transforming the upcoming event into a mix of brunch dishes from around the world, with many bringing brand-new recipes to the festival to be served for the very first time. Names include:
- Waffle On, named best waffles in London by Evening Standard @waffleonmarkets
- Urban Pantry, runner-up in Time Out Love London awards ‘Most Loved local brunch spot’ @urbanpantrylondon
- Cafe Miami, North Hackney neighbourhood cafe serving instagrammable classics @_cafemiami
- The Joint, the Brixton Market favourite are showcasing their brunches with their signature BBQ twist @thejointldn
- Zoe’s Ghana Kitchen, Zoe Adjonyoh and team bring their taste of West Africa to the festival @ghanakitchen
Each brunch vendor will be serving a special festival menu for the event as well as one signature dish. Visitors will also have the opportunity to vote for their favourite in a festival-wide competition that will announce the coveted award of ‘Dish of the Festival’ after two days of voting.
Drinks will be provided by Hackney-based The Pickle House taking up residency for the weekend and serving up their renowned Bloody Mary’s as the perfect accompaniment to all of the brunch food on offer, with an extra dash of pickle power! Real Kombucha’s pop-up bar will serve ‘fermentation at its finest’, and The Gentleman Baristas, Origin Coffee Roasters and We Are Tea will be serving their premium coffee and tea. In addition, The Urban Cordial Co will be providing their lovingly handmade seasonal cocktails alongside a dedicated prosecco and mimosa bar!
For the sweet tooths, scrumptious baked goods and desserts will be on offer in the marketplace area, provided by the likes of Pophams Bakery, Naked Dough, The Flour Station and Sweet Nothing Bakehouse.
The festival marketplace will be packed full of exciting brands sampling and selling brunch and breakfast related treats, perfect for visitors to peruse with a cocktail in hand, take home and enjoy!
- Pophams Bakery @pophamsbakery
- Origin Coffee @origincoffeeroasters
- Good and Proper Tea @goodandpropertea
- The Flour Station (bakery) @flourstation
- Sweet Nothing Bakehouse @sweetnothingbakehouse
- Real Kombucha @realkombucha
- Naked Dough @_nakeddough
- Cru Kafe @crukafe
- Sauce shop @sauce_shop
- Heck Sausages @heckfooduk
- We are Tea @wearetea
- Global Wake Cup @globalwakecup
- Stinas Granola @stinasgranola
- Bonanza Peanut butter, a new brand launching at this year’s festival
- Freddies Flowers @freddiesflowers
- Land and Tide @landandtide
- Sano To Go @sanotogo
- No1 Kombucha @no1kombucha, Jonny Wilkinson’s new Kombucha brand
In addition, a range of events have been scheduled throughout the weekend that will include talks, panel discussions and interactive workshops.
- The Explosion of Kombucha – a panel discussion from Real Kombucha and No1 Kombucha
- Tea Done Properly: A Guided Tasting with Emilie Holmes, founder of Good & Proper Tea
- Matcha Masterclass by Emilie Holmes, founder of Good & Proper Tea
- How to make the perfect Bloody Mary by Florence Cherruault, founder of The Pickle House
- Her journey into food as medicine and her mission to rid Britain of IBS with Karen O’Donoghue, Founder of The Happy Tummy Co
- The Story of Magic Breakfast by Chair Tamar Kasriel
- Cooking with Peanut Butter by Bonanza
- RIP Clean Eating: The Alternative Brunch Wellness Plan by Eve Simmons and Laura Dennison (Not Plant Based)
- Plus more talks and workshops added over the coming weeks
Adding to the festival vibe will be DJ sets from DJ Maj-ik, Greg Hale and Dozzer AKA Tony.
Charity partnership With every ticket sold, a 22p donation will be made to the charity Magic Breakfast to cover the cost of giving a child a healthy breakfast at school. Magic Breakfast is an award-winning charity ensuring that no child is too hungry to learn through the provision of healthy breakfast food and expert support to UK schools.
More information: www.londonbrunchfest.com